General description: The New York Times app for Android brings breaking news and our award-winning journalism wherever you are. Read today’s latest news headlines and original content in our FREE news app for phone and tablet.
Download the NYTimes app for Android for FREE today and subscribe for as little as $14.99/month and receive your first 7 days at no cost*.
The New York Times offers the following subscription options:
1) Basic Digital Access for $14.99/mo. Basic includes access to NYTimes.com and the NYT app. Sign up now and get your first 7 days free at no cost through Google Play*. All subscriptions are automatically renewed.
Save over 25% with an annual subscription of $129.99/year.
2) Basic digital access + access to NYT Crossword and NYT Cooking for $24.99/mo. You also get 1 bonus subscription (a $25/mo value) to gift to anyone you want. Sign up now and get your first 7 days free at no cost through Google Play*. All subscriptions are automatically renewed.
* New Interactive Comments, now you can write and recommend comments
* Browse our bestseller lists now located at the top of the Books section
* A new top navigation to quickly swipe through popular sections
* Customize which sections will be in your shortcuts and available for instant offline reading
* Improved app performance, including speed and stability.
* Redesigned daily notification with Morning Report
* A more visually appealing grid layout for tablets
* Article pages with richer images, fonts and multimedia
* Two widget layout options: photos or headlines
* Breaking news alerts that link directly to developing stories
* Collapsible Top Navigation – See more of your screen as you scroll through sections
* Save NYT articles across all platforms to refer back to later on any device (web, phone, tablet)
* Share articles, photos and videos via your favorite sharing platform
* Watch exclusive videos and explore our award-winning photography
The New York Times app also includes our international edition, The International New York Times, with breaking news, world news, current events, and cultural stories from our 50 newspaper bureaus around the world.
The NYTimes app for Android is designed for responsiveness and is formatted from 4″ phones to 12″ and larger tablets. The app works on all devices running Android OS (4.4+).
The NYTimes app requires certain permissions to give you the best possible reading experience. Here’s a bit about what each one does:
* In-app purchases: This allows you to make in-app purchases.
* Photos/Media/Files: This permission allows the app to cache images locally, which reduces load times for revisited pages.
* WiFi connection information: This item gives the app permission to use available WiFi networks instead of your mobile network. In the absence of reliable WiFi networks or if WiFi is disabled, the app will use your cellular network (if available). Normal bandwidth and usage charges apply, as detailed in your service contract with your wireless service provider.
* Device ID and Caller Information: These settings turn phone numbers in NYTimes articles into clickable links.
Comment? Suggestions? affairs? Contact our support team at email@example.com. We will do our best to help you. Your opinion is important to us.
* Promotional offers for new subscribers only. Smartphone and tablet apps are not compatible with all devices. Does not include access to the printed newspaper. Prices shown are in US dollars and local pricing is available in more than 55 countries. Other restrictions apply.
This version includes general bug fixes and improvements. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions, comments or other feedback.
- Digital subscription / payment features unlocked;
- Unwanted Permissions Disabled/Removed + Receivers + Providers + Services;
- Optimized and aligned graphics and clean resources for fast loading;
- Ads Permissions/Services/Vendors removed from android.manifest;
- Ad links removed and invoke methods overridden;
- Ad layout visibility disabled;
- Google Play Store installation package verification disabled;
- Debug code removed;
- Remove the name of the default .source tags from the corresponding java files;
- Analytics/Crashlytics/Firebase disabled;
- Comscore’s native parsing has been removed entirely;
- Languages: full multiple languages;
- CPU: armeabi-v7a, arm64-v8a, x86;
- Display DPI: 120dpi, 160dpi, 240dpi, 320dpi, 480dpi, 640dpi;
- Original package signature changed;
- Released by Balatán.
This app has ads.
Problems downloading? Read This.